“In the future AI will be diffused into every aspect of the economy.“ – Nils J. Nilsson, Founding researcher, Artificial Intelligence & Computer Science, Stanford University.
Name: Vectorspace AI
Team background, experience and track record:
We’re a team with a deep background in science, technology and the financial markets.
We’re veteran software engineers, scientific and technical founders. We work in the area of specialized algorithms in ML/AI for Life Sciences and the financial markets.
Here are a few references that might help during any due diligence process on Vectorspace AI:
– We’ve done an AMA on AI in reddit.com/r/AskScience with 16M subscribers:https://www.reddit.com/r/
– We’ve been in the AI industry since 1994 at Genentech executing on pattern recognition algorithms. Before that, we built search engines which have their roots in AI. Ref: “Overlooked No More: Karen Sparck Jones, Who Established the Basis for Search Engines” https://www.nytimes.com/2019/
– In the bioinformatics industry, we invented new systems and patented commercial products that assisted in finding hidden connections between human genes right after the human genome was sequenced. This involved pattern recognition and prediction (a pillar of AI/ML). This was when the term ‘Data Science’ did not exist when we everyone called it ‘Data Mining’ and ‘Knowledge Discovery’ aka AI.
– In the bioinformatics industry, our group worked with Rob Tibshirani and Trevor Hastie, both top level figures in statistics, data mining (AI):
– Based on our work, we were invited to Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory/DOE/DOD to work on ‘special’ projects 10-20 years ahead of their time related to developing systems to find hidden connections between genes that extended human lifespan and chromosomal damage related to LET Radiation (space radiation) for the purpose of space bioscience and extended space travel related future population of habitable planets. We continue work in the area with Mina Bissell, Life Sciences division director at Lawrence Berkeley Lab for 14 years and distinguished scientist: https://youtu.be/xukDIWFMU9Y
– While at the Lab, we had the privilege of collaborating with Michael I. Jordan (teacher of Andrew Ng who built Google’s AI foundation which all others sit on top of today) and David Blei, ‘grandfather’ of LDA (topic modeling, AI related to predicting topics in human language) Ref: Statistical modeling of biomedical corpora: mining the Caenorhabditis Genetic Center Bibliography for genes related to life span – Blei DM, Franks K, Jordan MI, Mian IS. – http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
In the past, we’ve raised capital for more than one startup including $7.4M for our largest startup with 50M MAUs and 250M searches per month along with successfully disrupting the music market related to Apple, Warner and EMI based on our work above and described here:
More on our work:
‘Word2Vec is based on an approach from Lawrence Berkeley National Lab’
The easiest way to understand what Vectorspace AI does would be jump right into it by observing a real life event that resulted in an opportunity to profit based on our NLP/NLU real-time datasets and connected to what’s called ‘information arbitrage’.
Our platform, which includes datasets and products that can built on top of them, enable known and hidden relationship detection in data. Our datasets can be used to cluster entities that have known and hidden relationships to outside events, global trends or news. These clusters can represent networks of suppliers, companies working on similar drugs or any entity that might have symbiotic, parasitic or sympthetic latent entanglement with another entity, event or global trend.
Examples and case studies are located here:
Create your visualization from one of our datasets:
Real-time heatmap clustering:
Hidden relationship network clustering:
More details on our products:
An example of how our customers make money with our product, an equity-based case study of the Celgene (CELG) acquisition:
VXV Revenue model (with mathematical proof), slide 14:
( Revenue calculation breakdown: https://vectorspace.ai/assets/
The VXV utility token network diagram is described in detail here, slide 11:
The value of the Vectorspace VXV utility token:
What is the network worth?
– Billions. This is because we are a data company with a focus on revenue generating customers which are trillion dollar asset management companies, funds and other financial institutions. Our job is to help them make money by providing them with an edge. This happens based on our product, NLP/NLU on-demand datasets that are updated every minute and based on any data they choose. Our revenue model, described, includes related details.
– You’ll also find our token transaction network diagram in that deck which illustrates how our VXV token is utilized. This includes transacting dataset updates along with our Data Pipeline Provenance (DPP) hash which controls data lineage (aka provenance). Knowing where your data comes from and knowing how reliable it is, is extremely important to financial institutions that rely on it to make billion-dollar decisions everyday. We give financial institutions an edge that to them, is worth billions.
Why is the token valuable?
– Value created by our community which includes the core team, the outside team and contributing members of our global community, translates directly into the value of the VXV utility token and as a global public trading vehicle.
– VXV utility tokens do not function like a security or currency and share only minor similarities with e.g. Google Cloud credits, AWS credits or WeWork utility credits due to VXV doubling as a public trading vehicle in a global public marketplace.
– Our top-tier proprietary datasets and algorithms deployed in the financial markets that enable asset management groups, hedge funds and institutions to generate and capture alpha, can only be used by a limited number of customers. In this business, it’s a common requirement from our top-tier customers to prevent saturating the market. It’s like giving everybody the exact same weapons. This means the value of VXV is controlled by our customers, who will also be taking long term positions in VXV. It only makes sense and it’s out of our control.
– In order to serve our customers properly, we’ve carved out a public marketplace which allows them to acquire blocks of VXV and out-bid other customers if they’d like to ‘corner the market’ on particular proprietary datasets. This happens when they sign-up for top-tier services and pay for them by acquiring and bidding for VXV on the open market. Once acquired, their wallet address can be used inside the VXV network to access top-tier services based on the VXV wallet-enabled API key. These services also include tracking of data lineage via the Data Provenance Pipeline (DPP) hash.
– The VXV utility token credit also doubles as a global public trading vehicle available to be transacted, acquired, bought and sold between anyone, including speculators, in the global public crypto markets via IDEX, Bisq and soon to be, one or two other larger exchanges. This means a farmer in Kenya or a villager in Borneo can acquire VXV to access a dataset one minute and resell VXV to a trillion dollar asset management company the next minute in exchange for “JPM coin” for example. This is completely out of our control.
– We have plans on enabling machines (data engineering pipelines onsite at customer locations) to transact VXV with one another for the purpose of ‘minimizing loss’ which is at the core of effective ML/AI.
– In the case of an M&A event or strategic investment by one of our customers, or outside companies or investors, the VXV utility token will be the most valuable asset they acquire related to this company based on the above. This is if we allow any M&A in the first place of course. This is how we’ve financially engineered, structured and positioned Vectorspace AI.
ERC20 etherscan and contract address:
How to acquire VXV:
Partners & Collaborators:
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
US Dept. of Energy (DOE)
National Library of Medicine (NLM)
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)
Selected Patents, Papers & Awards:
Articles authored by the founders:
Winner R&D100 Award – Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
System and method for generating a relationship network – K Franks, CA Myers, RM Podowski – US Patent 7,987,191, 2011
Inter-term relevance analysis for large libraries
Matching and recommending relevant videos and media to individual search engine results
Media discovery and playlist generation
System and method for summarizing search results
Discovering and scoring relationships extracted from human generated lists
Statistical modeling of biomedical corpora: mining the Caenorhabditis Genetic Center Bibliography for genes related to life span – Blei DM, Franks K, Jordan MI, Mian IS.
A Search Engine that Thinks, Almost
Upcoming news and announcements:
– New revenue generating partnership announcements – Feb 2019
– New revenue generating customer announcements – Mar 2019
– New joint product announcements – Mar 2019